Sunday, November 8, 2009

Memory Quilt and Christmas Quilt

I finished a memory quilt for a friend. Just a small wallhanging. This will be a gift for her mother in law. It's made from her girls clothes. I think the contrasting patterns turned out pretty well. I quilted swirls into it.

And here is a little pic of one of my labels.

And the mystery quilt finish. This is Christmas Lights, a mystery quilt-a-long with Quiltmaker magazine and Bonnie Hunter. I so enjoy Bonnie's quilt patterns. They are so easy and yet they look so complex and stunning when finished.

And in true Bonnie Hunter fashion, the back was made entirely of scraps. I quilted stars and hearts with swirls into the quilt.

1 comment:

June said...

Great job on your Christmas Lights quilt--thanks for sharing it at Quilty Pleasures. I just created a flickr group where anyone can share their Christmas Lights photos: www.flickr.com/groups/christmaslightsmysteryquilt/