Sunday, June 27, 2010

Hooked on Hexagons

I finally started working with hexagons and I can't stop. I've been wanting to start these for awhile. I purchsed Cindy Blackberg's stamp and it is such a fast easy way to whip these suckers up. You just stamp on the back of the fabric just like you'd stamp anything (such as a card) and there are cutting lines and sewing lines. It was soooo easy. I'm telling you, totally brainless. We recently made a 10 hour road trip (5 hours each way) to Fort Knox and boy was I glad I had cut these out and had them ready to go. I stored them in the little zipper pouch I made (see here). It was perfect for these a small pair of scissors and thread. They're quite addicting too. I'm enjoying making them.


I've got several of her stamp sets including the star set and the kaleidescope. I think next I will go for the baby blocks or tumbling blocks. As easy as this was, I might be whipping out a lot more blocks.

6 comments:

Barbara J said...

I like it, I like it! Those look gorgeous and the fabric you used even lovelier!

I really must try getting some stamps made.

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

Your hexagon flowers are all lovely. I like your fabric choise and stamping the fabrics sounds easy and quickly

Pat from Florida said...

These look great. I have Cindy B.'s spool stamp set and love it.

Elyte said...

They look great Robyn. It sounds appealing not to have to use all those little paper shapes.

redlan said...

I like the finished art. so unique linen flowers.

Sinta Renee said...

Boy Story is going to be so cute when it's finished! I love the blocks! Your Bloom quilt turned out so sweet!