Sunday, September 19, 2010

Scrap Quilts

I finished the tops of these quilts some time ago but have just recently finished quilting them. I cleaned out my scrap bags for them. And still have a TON of scraps left. I love making quilts from my scraps then looking at all the different fabrics in one and remember where it was used before.

This first one is the Road to Oklahoma pattern. The only part that is not from my scrap basket is the border

This second is made up of strictly Christmas scraps. I made the Log Cabin block (one of my favorite blocks) then found this setting for them that I thought looked sort of like a Christmas wreath. I'm not sure what the layout is called but I like it.

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Both are wonderful! I love log cabins and anything scrappy. I tried to manicure my stash and use up fabric, but I keep buying more than I use. I may have to follow your example and make up a scrappy quilt for my son.

Barbara J said...

I really like the Road to Oklahoma. Even the name sounds good! These scrap quilts are so cool.

Renate Bischoff said...

Robyn, both quilts are absolutely stunning. Great!!!!!!!

Elyte said...

Robyn your quilts look wonderful. I never tire of seeing quilts made from scraps. I liked the clothes that you made for your daughter, lovely designs in comfortable and gentle cotton fabric. Your daughter is a little sweetie and a lovely model!
Your little vintage quilt is finished beautifully. Alas I had to get an extension from Barbara. Just too much to do at the moment.

Susan said...

I do like scrap quilts best myself. Congratulations on two lovely finished quilts..... You are putting me to shame.

Anonymous said...

Wow...these are both stunning!!